Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobertRoe

Gauge works here but not there

Guest RobertRoe

My very first gauge seemed to work great until I gave a copy to my friend. When every the gau file is accessed an "Unable to load software" error messages comes up.I used idehowto.zip to set up my MS Visual C++ .net 2003 environment. If read and reread the sd2gau17.zip and have tried getting the answer from this forum and on flightsim.com. Unfortunately I'm a first time programmer, so I haven't a clue what most of the environmently variables do nor how they should be set.Can someone walk me through solving this problem?Sincerely,Blair

Blair,Make sure that your friend has has the file msvcr71.dll installed on his system. Should either be placed in the main FS folder or in the Windows System folder.When I get home I will post a screenshot of how to avoid this requirement - I can't remember the exact description of the field to change.Regards,Doug Dawson

Guest RobertRoe

I copied the file to my Main FS on my laptop and my gauges now seem to be working there. I'll pass the fix around and hopefully everyone will be up to speed.Press sned the screenshoot to avoid this problem in the future any any other suggested changes to the default MS VC++ environment you think I need.My most sincere thanks.Blair

Here is the illustration. Right click on your VC project, select properties. Select Code Generation from the list of C/C++ menues. The option you want is Runtime Library. Choose either Multi-Threaded (/MT) or Single-Threaded (/ML). If you choose any of the options that mention a .dll, you will need the msvcr71.dll file.Doughttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/103541.jpg

Guest RobertRoe

Thanks that did the trick.Blair