Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

turn coordinators and MSFS

I don't have any of the previous MSFS versions, but in fs9 a standard rate turn never lasts 2 minutes!Most of the default or add-on aircraft have turn coordinators indicating 2' turn using either the "small plane" or a bar. When you initiate a turn on such an aircraft, align the little aircraft with one of the standard rate marks (depending on if you turn left or right) and time your 360 degrees turns you find that most of the time they take a lot more than 2 minutes.Now, I have decided to use AFSD to measure the yaw angular velocity while I fly the aircraft, and BINGO! it sometimes reads 3,0 degrees per second, and I can even mantain it for the 2', ending up with the same shorter or longer than 2 minutes turn. So, I even checked it using not my real clock, but MSFS's clocks in the panel, and ... - surprise!!! MSFS's time is mostly equal to the real clock time, soooo it must be the way the rate is calculated that is wrong, and, since I guess most of these gaugues are using some token variable, maybe the problem resides well within MSFS's core???Has anyone tried to implement an "independent" turn coordinator?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!