Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joker II

Special character "%" in XML gauges

Can anyone please tell me a proper way to bring special characters to show up in my gauges?I read the threads here in the forum, but I'm trying hard to get a "%" ... no chance! I tried1. %((A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT, percent))%!03d!%2. %((A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT, percent))%!03d!%3. %((A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT, percent))%!03d!&'037;nothing worked! By the way: Is there a way to get the flaps settings in degrees?If I just alter the unit in the above line from percent to degree or degrees, I get for the B-737-400 for example:0, 57, 113, 172 ,229, 286, 344, 401, 458 as values, which are absolute nonsense.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This way?%((A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT,percent))%!03d%%!%Doubling special characters is an old established C trick to allow special characters to appear visually.Arne Bartels

Bingo!%((A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT, percent))%!03d! %%worked!Thanks - I should have thought of that ...Anyone about the flaps?

Hi this is what I am using and it displays the numbers that are in the flap section, of the "aircraft.cfg" file.%((A:Trailing edge flaps0 left angle,degree))%!d!I don't know if it will work on the more complex flaps for the heavys, but it works for the older prop aircraft that I fly. Hope it helps!greenco

Great tip! Thanks!Just one little problem here:The degree unit "

Hi,You need some special characters:Behind each other: & # 176 ; with no spaces!(it won't show up here)So: ...%!d! & # 176 ;Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Thanks guys!You all made a "Flight Information Display" possible, it will be downloadable within the next two or three days via AVSim.Thanks again for your help!