Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

Assigning engine effects to AI Tu144?

I've been working on adding AFL's Charger flightplans (based on old proposed route maps and advertisements) for my sim. I've got the flights appearing finally. As an experiment I decided to try using the excellent Tu144 model from Thomas Ruth and Claudio Mussner as my AI model. I stripped the panel, sounds, and any interior textures from the folder structure. Amazingly, I have no perceptible framerate hit when up to six are present at UUDD. I've made some mods to the aircraft.cfg file to help the plane perform more suitably as AI, with a fair amount of success.My question(s):This model is fantastic, even when in AI use the engine nozzles react to throttle settings. However, the nose and canards are controlled by flap settings and don't move for takeoff (they DO deploy for landing). Is there a way to prod this aircraft to use flaps to take off?Secondly, and more importantly (to me), I've been looking for a way to tie the impressive afterburner effects to engine rpm rather than the reheat toggle. As AI, they are never activated. I've seen a number of add-on ab effects which activate above 90% throttle, but I continue to stumble on how to modify the "lights" sections of the aircraft config to display these effects.Any help, especially with this specific plane, would be vastly appreciated!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."