Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch19542004

Need help!!

Guest mitch19542004

I have two gentlemen that have been helping me beta test a panel and they have this problem, however on my system I do not. When they use the "E" command to isolate an engine, be it 1,2,3 or 4 all they get is number 1 and can not return to all 4 with the command of E,1,2,3,4. On my system I can do any combination I want and return to all 4. I have looked at the code I have for the throttles and it is the same as the default Beech Baron, FSDZigns original panel, the Howard and several others. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.ThanksMitch

This problem is usually caused by a gauge that continuously gives events, which interfere with multi-keystroke commands in FS.If such an event is given between the two keystrokes (like between "E" and "1" "2" etc.), FS ignores the modifier commands (= the subsequent keystrokes).The simplest way to test if your panel has such a "faulty" gauge:- Open Exit-2 (via keysequence "Shift-E" "2")- If you get the message "Main Exit opening ...", you have a faulty gauge..The reason why your testers have that problem, and you don't, could be various:- They use additional gauges.- You type the sequence fast enough for the gauge not to intervene (or have the key sequence programmed under a button with FSUIPC ??)- The "continous" event is conditional (ie. depends on a certain state of the panel, like AP). And your testers see this problem in a different condition.Rob Barendregt

Guest mitch19542004

Thanks Rob, I do have some events running to simulate usage in oil and a couple other things. Now to figure out how to do it with out this occuring. Maybe you know, on the Frequency statement I know that "1" equals once every second. Can a fractional be used to make it wait longer lets say ".25" will it then wait 4 seconds?Mitch

Hi Mitch,No, 1 sec. is the max. schedule interval.But if you have code that give these periodic events, there's a few ways on how to avoid that.- Test if it's really necessary to give the event, by testing the state of the corresponding FS variable, or maintain your own related variable.- If the above is not possible (and I cannot think of situations where this is NOT possible), you can limit the risk of interferance by using a counter/timer, so that the event is not given more then e.g. every 4-5 sec. But this isn't a real solution (it only limits the risk), since the code that gives these events and the action of the user are asynchronous.E.g. in XML, if your gauge is running at 1 sec interval (UpdateFreq =1 ):....(G:Var1) ++ (>G:Var1)(G:Var1) 5 >if{ 0 (>G:Var1) ..give the events..}Rob

Guest Mathias

Thanks Rob,thanks to your suggestion I have finally found the culprit that was jamming my pilot's doors ("Shift+E" "2")precisely when I wanted to open them - after engine shutdown. The code of my throttle quadrant's CONDITION levers performed a constant loop whenever CONDITION was == 0, thus intercepting my frantic keyboard inputs. This has been bugging me at least for the last 1,5 years x( Thanks again :)

Guest mitch19542004

Thanks for your help Rob. I think I have it figured out now.Mitch