Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Looking 4 a gauge to reload the entire panel...

Guest Jock in a Frock

Hi,I'm a Newbie with panel design, but I've been tweaking my panels slightly. I'm looking for a gauge which can trigger a reload of the entire panel so I don't have to swap planes back & forth in FS2002.I spotted the following in the XML FAQ thread at the top of this forum:6Q Do I need to reload the aircraft to view the effects of editing?6A No. If a certain key called RELOAD_PANELS is triggered the, the changed gauge is reloaded. It is also necessary to trigger RELOAD_PANELS before storing the .xml file the first time. Personally I changed the "Map Icon.xml" part of "simicons" to:since it is on almost all panels, and ther is a menue item if the map is really needed.So I've tried this but can't get it to work.I've re-cabbed the edited Map Icon.xml file into Simicons.cab, but it doesn't reload the panel :-(Anyone else tried this and got it to work?

Hi,Just place the icon bitmap and xml file in the panel directory of your aircraft and it should work.No need to "re-cab".So:1. bitmap "RELOAD.BMP" in panel dir.2. XML open in Notepad: ReloadPlace te edited file in panel dir.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"