Sign in to follow this  
Herbie63

WEP (War emergency Power) gauge in XML

Hi,is there anybody out there who could offer me an idea how to write an WEP gauge in XML? (WEP = War Emergency Power, or Boost). I know the parameter to read out if it is engaged ((A:RECIP ENG1 EMERGENCY BOOST ACTIVE,bool), but not the event to engage it. There are gau-type gauges that do this, so I think it should be possible in XML too. I've found nothing in the 2004 SDK, but in the 2002 SDK there exists an event KEY_WAR_EMERGENCY_POWER, which I tried to use in several variations without any result.Any help is very appreciated,Thanks,Herbie

Guest Mathias

This is a variable introduced in some CFS version, not FS. So possibly this variable will only work with an appropriate airfile given that it is compatible with FS9. Possilby some record in the air file needs to be changed to turn the emergency power option on. Just some thoughts to ponder and check out...

Thanks for the link, seems to be a good site to search for answers to such questions. Unfortunately, tho only answer to this paticular question I could find there is "not possible in XML". Well, I'll try a few more things. If I ever manage this to work, I'll let you know.BTW, WEP is supported by FS9, and can be activated via a .gau - gauge.Of course the aircraft must support WEP, but this can be activated in the .air file.Thanks again,Herbie