Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

hydraulic control failures

Guest Skymed

Any-one know how to emulate "STIFF" controls when a simulated hydraulic failure occurs? I am wanting to make the controls slow to react to control input, but have had no success yet. Arne posted a macro sometime back that would act as a kind of delay for gauge needles, and I was wondering if that kind of thought process could be used for the controls to slow the overall input from a joystick.Steve

Guest Skymed

Still thinking about this, and I'm leaning towards this type of thought process:Hydraulics failed?? {IF} Detect axis movement.(L:HydraulicsFail,bool) if{ (A:YOKE Y POSITION,percent) (G:Var1) - (A:YOKE Y POSITION,percent) (>G:Var1) }If axis has moved, implement some type of delay and apply it to the appropriate axis(A:YOKE Y POSITION,percent)100 / 16384 * DELAY (>K:AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET)If my thought process is correct, how would I implement a delay from the axis input to the axis set?Steve

Guest Mathias

As joystick input is hard-coded into the sim it is only possible to hijack the input when no new signal arrives from the joystick. Then you can do your AXIS_ ... stuff, but this will be overwrtitten instantly as soon as the jostick is either moved again or the potentiometer decides to send out a spike. Nevertheless I think it could actually do what you want if you code your AXIS_ events carefully.

I think you are correct, it is probably possible. I have been able to use an event trap to completely inhibit control surface movement. When the command to move the control surface is detected, the gauge responds with the same command, using the surface's current position as the argument. The only trick is differentiating this gauge generated event from events generated by other sources - you don't want the gauge to respond to its own event commands.One could presumably do the same kind of thing to simulate sluggish control surface response - calculate the maximum deflection currently allowed, and use that value as the argument when the gauge responds to user commanded events.Doug