Sign in to follow this  
Guest blazer1234

So who is going to be the first to pay $70 US for Tower Simulator?

Guest monsoon

>One question occured to me while reading the sales>information. Can you only control the five or so airports>listed?>After reading what people haave posted I hope you are not still considering buying this cr--

Guest ToMy Li

>I purchased it too - big mistake. Audio poor, graphics are>not better than similar products at least 10 years old. I>contacted Wilco for a refund, they just told me that I am sh-->out of luck because I downloaded the program. I don't>understand why companies cannot stand behind their products,>other companies do that without any problems. Well, no more>Feelthere and Wilco for me - just got my $70 lesson.I am going to request a money refund too, I hate this add-on, just very poor...

Guest Bill_M

I'm not into playing "Golden Boy" or "Troll" (air traffic controller) so I would not be interested in this software even if I didn't see all the "wonderful" comments about it and FeelThere/Wilco products in general (guess I won't be buying the Caravan any time soon).What shocked me was how much you guys are paying for gasoline (petrol to you UK chaps ;-) ). I paid $3.60 USD on Monday last (May 19) and my wife paid $3.79 yesterday (May 21) and people are screaming about gas prices. But the post from the Aussie works out to $5.99 US/gal and the price posted for the UK works out to $9.35 USD/gal. That would make a fillup of my wife's minivan run around $200US. The Airline industry is hurting. Most airlines are charging for a 2nd checked bag (and even more for a 3rd). One airline is charging for the FIRST checked bag.at this rate it will be cheaper to FedEX your bags - except that UPS and FedEX are going to have to raise rates due to fuel costs, too.This weekend is a holiday 3-day weekend - Memorial Day. Lota people normally travel. I suspect a LOT are going to stay home. We were going to travel to where my Father-in-law lives (2 1/2 hours away) for the weekend but cannot afford it. Think we'll stay home and burn a brisket Monday.Bionic Bill

Guest bjablonka

Thomas, let me know if you can get your money back, Wilco told me to get lost.ThanksBernd

Guest ToMy Li

>Thomas, let me know if you can get your money back, Wilco>told me to get lost.>>Thanks>>BerndI will do sure mate! by the way I have no any reply yet :-mad

Guest bjablonka

Here is what they replied to me:If you do have a different image quality than the one shown on our screenshots, you may have graphical settings to modify according to your configuration.Please refer to the manual for the recommended video settings. As you know, download products are not refundable due to their nature. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be pleased to help you.

Guest ToMy Li

>Here is what they replied to me:>>If you do have a different image quality than the one shown on>our screenshots, you may have graphical settings to modify>according to your configuration.>Please refer to the manual for the recommended video>settings.> >As you know, download products are not refundable due to their>nature.> >>Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be>pleased to help you. LOL Wilco!! I have tried with all MAXIMUM QUALITY (my card XFX 8800 GTX) and as you know it's really poor, 1600x1200 32 Bits of resolution too!! Incredible mate... 70$ to waste (Im still waiting a reply from Wilco)

Guest bjablonka

Same here, I have the 8800 Ultra OC and even at the highest resolution it looks like something at least 10 years old. I saw the screenshots on Wilco's website but I thought that they are bad because they wanted the website to load faster. I have seen it many times that screenshots on websites are worse than the graphics in the actual game. I thought (wrong) that a game which looks so bad on a website could just not be released with todays technology. Good luck with getting your money back.

Guest ToMy Li

>Same here, I have the 8800 Ultra OC and even at the highest>resolution it looks like something at least 10 years old. I>saw the screenshots on Wilco's website but I thought that they>are bad because they wanted the website to load faster. I have>seen it many times that screenshots on websites are worse than>the graphics in the actual game. I thought (wrong) that a game>which looks so bad on a website could just not be released>with todays technology. >>Good luck with getting your money back.Tower of BAO (1995) for Win 3.11 had much more better photo realistics than thais one! lolI am for sure that Im lost my money, never will buy more Wilco products!!!

Guest monsoon

> >AS YOU KNOW, download products are not refundable due to their>nature.> I like their "As you know" crap making it seem like what they are doing is OK. Refer them to flight1 and tell them AS YOU KNOW flight1 DOES give you refunds. These ------- (i am sure you can fill in the blanks on that one. let me give you a hint. you sit on it is the first word and the a donut has a what in the middle.). But gentlemen PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen to the us when we tell you not to buy from fromt hese rip off artists. ANd get rid of the "well the next addon they make has to be better" kind of attitude. As long as you keep buying they will keep selling their CRAP.

Guest United

Yea, I plunked down $70.00 US and am now disappointed in the product. The question is and always will be in present times however, that the cost of everything has skyrocketed. I didn't mind the $70.00 and hope that it encourages the developers to improve this product, because it's not really worth it at present. I had a major crash at a major airport within the simulation, the kind that portends future instability and questionable coding, so I'll demure at present and hope someday that a product appears worthy of that price tag.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest ToMy Li

The price should be 7$ and I hope so it's too much... :-8

Guest RichUK

Feelthere is well known for making expensive garbage, and Wilco is well known for selling it. I've never purchased such buggy awful looking rubbish as the stuff Feelthere produces.I'll never buy anything from them again. People need to be aware of companies and developers like these. It isn't moaning, it's just facts.People wonder why the flight sim community seems to moan. It's pretty simple really, they are fed up of spending their hard earned cash on software that doesn't even seem to be beta tested and looks like a 5 year old painted it. Some of this crap is costing the consumer $50 and more. Why can't others follow Flight1 and most of the developers they deal with? Thank you Flight1.Rich.

Guest teal20

I agree with all the above...the graphics aren't very nice, and despite them saying turn up all the settings on the graphics card, it's down to the game graphics being poor anyway.It's definitely not worth the money they ask.. it's just not as innovative as what it should be for that price... There's only so much ctrl+t'ing etc you can do.I'm interested in air traffic control so had my hopes up for this one, but obviously i hoped too much for it to be good!harsh... but true.

Guest zzmikezz

Folks,Developers must charge what they see fit to charge. There is no such thing as unfair pricing.That said, my personal limit for an addon is $30 US. On rare occasions I'll go higher if I have a business need for a product, but in general $30 is it for me. Much as I would like the tower simulator, and much as I would like a certain space shuttle addon, and much as I would like a certain DC-10 addon, they are not going to happen.You see, developers, Friendly Panels has extracted $120 US from my wallet -- it's just that they did it $15 at a time. You need to read up on the subject of price elasticity, which has nothing to do with your development costs, and in the short term has little to do with the devaluation of the dollar. You see the devaluation from Europe but in the USA the economy has not yet adjusted.You either will or will not get my business, depending on how you price things. You may or may not care, which is fine. Please be assured that under no circumstances will I acquire your products as warez.In summary, you can fail to make a sale to me at the $75 you think you need, or you can make a sale to me at the $30 that I'm willing to pay. The choice is yours.