Sign in to follow this  
Guest lewislp

New Toggle Buttons in FS2002

I'm trying to create a toggle button for a new instrument panel, and I can't figure out how to tell FlightSim to display or hide the panel. Is there a function call available or does FSUIPC have a method of doing this? Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,You need to make an xml gauge and some alterations in the panel.cfg.Example:Window00=mainWindow01=overheadWindow02=pedestalWindow03=fmcWindow04=gpsWindow05=YOUR PANEL........[Window05]file=YOUR BITMAP.bmp size_mm=1280,960window_size_ratio=1.00 position=0visible=0ident=YOUR NUMBER (see below)gauge00=YOUR GAUGES ........Now the gauge:Display Your PanelYOUR NUMBER (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Place it somewhere on the main and YOUR panel.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan, thanks for your help. I haven't even tried doing XML gauges yet since most of the other gauge work I do requires programming beyond the limitations of XML (interfacing with other processes, heavy computation). For simple gauges like this, though, XML is the way to go. I'll have to look into this.I also answered my own question on the programming side. There's a function call in gauges.h which accepts the panel ID (same as YOUR NUMBER above) to toggle panels on and off. I don't know how I missed it.