Sign in to follow this  
nickpike

Gear lever knob illumination

Hi, looking at photographs of military aircraft cockpits, the round knob on the end of the gear lever looks transparent and I'm pretty sure this illuminates. Can someone please tell me the colours and sequence of its illumination. At the moment I have guessed,Lever up, gear up, glows white and stays on.Lever down, gear in transit, glows red,Lever down, gear down, glows green and stays on.Just to complete the story, I also have a set of 3 lamps for the 3 gear legs that are off for gear up, red for transit and green stay on for gear down.Thanks,nick

Guest Skymed

NickCheck out the gear lever in the kingair 350 in FS9. I think you'll find that all gear levers activate in essentially the same way.steve

Guest iholrf

In XML I would create three colored knob HEAD images using paintshop (your red green and white). Notice I said the head only as its the only thing you want illuminated. Depending on the colors used and their own luminosity values when you add bright="yes" or luminous="yes" to each in the code, they will light up either brightly (always) or dully (when panel lights are on). You then overlay these new knobs with the original full lever using code (simple bmp swap) to show, green for down and locked, white for up and locked red in transit, and the full white lever not illuminated for a shutdown state.I use a similar feature for the buttons on my GPS, autopilot, switchpanel and so on. Visit my project site photogallary for examples. (Link is in my sig at the bottom).CheersShad

Many thanks for the information guys. I have now found out that the knob illuminates red only when the gear is in transit, and not illuminated when the gear is fully up or down. I have done the gear stick in the VC and Spot view, and have modified the xml gauge for the 2D view, so all done now. Thanks again for the help,nick