Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

Changing POSKY A340 FDE

Don't know if I'll get into trouble for this, or what...Just wondering if anyone can give me a hint as to how I can change the FDE of the gorgeous looking Project Opensky A340 for FS2004. My problem is (even with the latest FDE update) that the flaps don't affect the pitch, so that the landing pitch is an unrealistic +10 (or more), and that's before flare.And to clarify, I have all the weights correct (fuel, passenger and cargo loading) and the speeds as well.To date I have tried editing the aircraft.cfg (flap_pitch_scalar), which has no effect whatsoever, which I just don't understand. Also, I've edited the .air file with AirEd (there are two flaps/pitch entries, neither of which work), also without success. The FDEs don't seem to interact with FS2004 the way most FDEs do, which I think is part of the problem.I can't get an answer on the Project Opensky forum, so I thought I'd take a stab here.(Also I know the POSKY manual says you should have a +4 nose attitude and NEVER flare the aircraft on landing. The former I can live with, but the latter is just not true and leads to some viciously hard landings.)Thanks for any help rendered...

Guest jetBlue_83

My suggestion: Increase your approach speed to compensate for the high pitch.-Hope that helps-

>And to clarify, I have all the weights correct (fuel,>passenger and cargo loading) and the speeds as well.Thanks for the suggestion, but you would have to land at 190-200 knts to make that happen, which is ridiculous. What I really need is some FDE editing help.Thanks for your reply, though.