Sign in to follow this  
Guest ghrasko

Link CS Prop to Throttle

Guest aonyn

Hi,I am working on a project which should have the constant speed prop control slaved to the throttle. In other words, One lever controls both.Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best way to achieve this in FS, or if it is even possible. If not, how might I best approximate it.Thanks!

Guest Mathias

Do I rightly understand that you wish for a throttle lever that will increase both engine power and Prop RPM in unison?Would that include reverse thrust or is it for a piston engined plane?And what is the reason for this request - is this something that has been done in reality and actually makes sense or is it just an idea to explore?The coding is simple in C++ and probably also in XML if this is what you are thinking of. No problem at all to make one single token variable's value (like the power setting) automatically control a theoretically infinite number of other token variables or self-defined variables.

Guest aonyn

That is exactly what I am after.It is for a cirrus which does feature this. Also, if this is in a gauge file, will it also work properly with a joystick throttle axis, or only when the gauge is manipulated with the mouse?Thanks for the reply!

>And what is the reason for this request - is this something>that has been done in reality and actually makes sense or is>it just an idea to explore?It's called a FADEC system (Full Authority Digital Engine Control). There are at least three variants of FADEC for GA aircraft:1) Throttle + CS Prop2) Throttle + Mixture3) Throttle + CS Prop + MixtureIt's a pity that MS doesn't have a key_event for "Automixture," 'cause that would make #2 a cakewalk!The better way to accomplish #1 is to code an algorithm that will simply attempt to maintain prop rpm based on %power in a non-linear curve.Set the %power and the prop rpm will be set according to the table.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Mathias

>That is exactly what I am after.>It is for a cirrus which does feature this. Also, if this is>in a gauge file, will it also work properly with a joystick>throttle axis, or only when the gauge is manipulated with the>mouse?>Thanks for the reply!As long as the gauge that binds the prop-rpm setting to the throttle variable is active (ideally by being situated in a VC) it will also react to joystick or keyboard inputs or whatever else might cause that throttle variable in FS to change.For doing this properly however it would be important to know more about the way the two controls are linked, as Bill Leaming already hinted. Some steps %power to prop RPM would be important to properly set up the table.

Guest ghrasko

Am I correct that An24/26 is the same? I.e. it has a single throttle lever. Prop angle and mixture is automatically adjusted.Hmmm. I am interested also.Gabor