Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

How to make an AI car ?

Guest Jos

Hi,Searching for tutorials. Want to make a car that can be used as an AI moving object (an "aircraft" as you wish).Greetz. Jos

>Hi,>>Searching for tutorials. Want to make a car that can be used>as an AI moving object (an "aircraft" as you wish).>>Greetz. Jos

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Jos

Hi,Yes, I know this file. It adds moving ground traffic to the scenery arround EHAM. It is set for FS9 and I cannot find any usable items: aicraft and textures (only aircraft Model-files and .bgl's).For my airport scenery I have now a towing tug, busses and a refueler* (* = where I cannot repaint/setup a reflective texture on it: another topic here on "Repaints ...": Reflective textures.).Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,As my question isn't solved yet...I draw a box in GMAX and exported it as a Model en got a xyz.mdl-file and of course the two .asm-files.My question: how do I get the mdl.cfg-file ?Running FS2002.Greetz. Jos

Guest Firestriker

Jose,Examine the AircraftContainer_SDK as well as the aircraft containers for some of the flyable aircraft. This will give you a lot of information and hints on how to set up an aircraft container for your project. There are also several "seed" containers in the Templates directory.The minimum directory/file hierarchy is like this:Aircraft (main fs aircraft directory) MyProject (the subdirectory for your project) aircraft.cfg (a text file that describes your project and points to your .air file. Dimensional data like MOIs, contact points, fuel tank locations, etc. will probably need tweaking) myproject.air (use a file from an aircraft that is simular to yours and then you will have to tweak it) Model (directory) model.cfg (a simple text file that points to your model) myproject.mdl (your compiled model) Panel (directory, this can be empty) Sound (directory, this can be empty) Texture (directory, this can be empty or put your bmp textures in here)Lou