Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

extracting call signs from edit voicepack

Guest ridgell

is it possible to get a call sign, or aircraft model name created in edit voicepack out, so it can be included in a panel package?i got the "ghost rider" call sign with a f-14 download, though i don't know that it was creatd with edit voicepack. every since then i have been wondering "howd he do that?"

>is it possible to get a call sign, or aircraft model name>created in edit voicepack out, so it can be included in a>panel package?>>i got the "ghost rider" call sign with a f-14 download, though>i don't know that it was creatd with edit voicepack. every>since then i have been wondering "howd he do that?" Yes, you can isolate a particular Editvoicepack entry... From the Readme.txt file of Editvoicepack: "Importing and exporting modificationsWhile the automatic update will be sufficient for most users some will have the need to share specific callsigns not accepted on the official server (for example unofficialcallsigns used in real life but not recognized by ICAO). You can export a modification to a file by right clicking the modification in the tree to the left and the selecting

Wide-5.jpg

Guest ridgell

ok, sounds good...but i dont have a readme text file, i have the instructions xml read me, and EditVoicepackData.xml, which looks like it has what i need,,,gawd! any clue how to pair this down, where do i look. it took 3 minutes for the xml file to open. i have been scrolling that long and the progress bug is still at the top. geeze talk about the needle in the hay stack! ssuposing i can find the right entry, i just copy and paste it on note pad and call a .vcpmod ?

>ok, sounds good...but i dont have a readme text file, i have>the instructions xml read me, and EditVoicepackData.xml, which>looks like it has what i need,,,gawd! any clue how to pair>this down, where do i look. it took 3 minutes for the xml file>to open. i have been scrolling that long and the progress bug>is still at the top. geeze talk about the needle in the hay>stack! ssuposing i can find the right entry, i just copy and>paste it on note pad and call a .vcpmod ?>>Open Editvoicepack.Find the callsign you want to extract in the list of callsigns.RIGHT-CLICK on the desired callsign and select "Export".A "Save as..." dialog box will open.Pick the location you want to save the file to and enter the name you want to assign to the file.That's all there is to it.Stay OUT of the XML file. No need to look in there.And if you should have a Readme.html file as well asa tutorial folder with your Editvoicepack installation.If not, I suggest going to the EVP site and downloadingthe latest version with the documentation. Paul

Wide-5.jpg