Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildberry

Adding Effects in Silly Situations

Hi all,I have a burning desire to add an effect that starts when the nosewheel touches down. Are effects triggered by a particular contact point? e.g. The touchdown smoke effect is obviously triggered by the wheels (or that contact point?) hitting the runway. How can I make another effect occur at the same time?CheersPeter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Yep you can there are a couple of ways,first up use the default effects placement via the aircraft.cfgEFFECTSwake=fx_wakewater=fx_spraydirt=fx_tchdrt <---effect shown when wheels hit dirtconcrete=fx_sparks <----think this is the scrap point effect touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1 <---- effect shown when wheels hit hard surfaceYou can change what effects are used by changing the name of the effectcheck out the sdk's for more info http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspthe other way is to use the lights section in the aircraft.cfg this way you can set the location of where the effect will start from,You will also need a hidden xml gauge to trigger the event the following is one I use to give a water spray effect when raining(A:AMBIENT PRECIP STATE,number) 4 == (A:RIGHT WHEEL RPM,rpm) 80 > && if{ (A:Light Cabin,number) 1 < if{ (>K:TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS) } } els{ (A:Light Cabin,number) 0 > if{ (>K:TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS) } } and in the LIGHTS section of the aircaft.cfg I add this light.4=10, 3.6,4.0,-6.2, fx_smoke_w2you will need a seperate gauge and entry for the lights for nose and main gear,also the downside to this is you are limited to how many light entries you can use.If you build your own effects you can say map out all the nav lights to 1 effect file,that way you only need 1 light entry in the aircaft.cfg for all the nav lights.Grab the sdks aircraft container and special effects,this should give you a starting point or at the very least a headache:)Wozza

Wow - thanks for such a detailed reply Wozza! I'll give it a try.Peter