Sign in to follow this  
Guest jprintz

XML help..

Guest LukeV

Hi guys,I need some help with a HUD I am modifying for personal use. No matter what I do I can't seem to be able to align the velocity vector to the center of the HUD. It seems that the very left side of its bitmap won't go past the centerline of the HUD's main background bitmap. I am only new to this XML stuff and can't seem to find info in any of the tut's. Help would be greatly appreciated - I have attached part of the XML code and a piture of the problem.Cheers.

Guest EnGauged

Can you tell us what you modified to give us an idea where the problem might be? e.g. that expression in the for the horizontal shift is pretty complicated - have you determined that that is where the problem is?The X & Y values for your Nonlinearity items seem very large.Perhaps you can tell us what results you get when you replace the current contents of the tags with 0.

Hi,May be you have to define an axis for the HUD_Vector1.bmp?Also there seems to be a few ) too much Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest jprintz

Hi Luke, I'm flattered that you liked my HUD enough to want to personalize it. FYI, you do not need to feel restricted to the "personal use" thing. If you like your results, feel free to post the files here, or in the file libary... or at the very least you could send me a copy, heheh. ;-) This whole flightsim thing is all for fun, so I have no problem at all with people modifying and reposting as freeware. As to the code itself, the first thing I would do is comment out the 2 shift and the rotate commands to make sure the vector is centered where it needs to be before any of the modifying code is read. Then make sure there are no "clip" or "visible" commands in a parent element anywhere that might hide the vector. (Maybe you could post the whole file, or at least one color's half?) That long statement that controls horizontal vector displacement, if it's copied exactly from my version then I see no reason why it shouldn't work in this instance too. You could test to see if the problem is in fact that statement by flying approximately north, then stomping on the rudder to put your plane's heading on one side of 360 and your track on the other. If it's only in those few degrees that the problem exists, then you know your problem's in that statement. Otherwise, it's probably somewhere else.... probably an image location or shifted pixel value. Another thing: I do remember that SOMETHING compelled me to first insert a blank vector bitmap, perform some shifts/rotations on it, and then hang the actual vector image off of IT, then perform other shifts or rotations.... I don't remember exactly what the issue was, but you may have some luck trying that approach. FYI, I've since modified the artwork and layout a bit, and changed the background bitmap so that it all looks almost exactly like the real Hornet's. If you'd like the updated files just send me a message at saprintz at hotmail dot com.Let us know if you fix it, and good luck!