Sign in to follow this  
Guest DK8290

aircraft.cfg - vertically locating exhaust effect - no ...

Guest DK8290

I hope the titel makes sense to attract the right responses. I was adding an exhaust effect assigned to the smoke command for Aeroplaneheaven's Spitfire MK1a using their aircraft.cfg entries of their freeware seafire (why their payware spitfires lacked this cool effect is beyond me)Here is the entry I have inputted into the Spitfire MK1a aircraft.cfgsmoke.0 = 0.5, 4.65, -1.57, fx_3A_seaf_exhaustsmoke.1 = 0.5, 4.65, 1.53, fx_3A_seaf_exhaustsmoke.2 = 0.5, 3.65, -1.57, fx_3A_seaf_exhaustsmoke.3 = 0.5, 3.65, 1.53, fx_3A_seaf_exhaustsmoke.4 = 0.5, 2.65, -1.57, fx_3A_seaf_exhaustsmoke.5 = 0.5, 2.65, 1.53, fx_3A_seaf_exhaustThe exhaust effect shows up and I have adjusted things to have an effect lined up with each exhaust stub from the side of the nose (3 on each side). I got the positions accurate but adjusting the first position numbers in the entries above does nothing. I even set it to 15 and it didn't budge. I restarted my computer and restarted fs2004 with no effect.Is their some reason why I can't adjust the vertical placement of this effect. I assume the "0.5" is the vertical coordinate (I know the middle number is location along the length of the plane and the third is location along the axis parallel to the wings (although why they don't look centred with the same number but with a negative sign on half of them seems strange)Maybe if I'm up for it, I could add something assigned to 'light' entries in the aircraft.cfg (also wingtip condensation would be cool too

Hi Search the library for Mike Basford, Tutorial on how to adjust the vertical settings

Paul EGLD

Guest DK8290

Thanks for the info. Why on Earth would the vertical placement be within the effect itself. That seems annoying to me.The little engine flashes with the AH Seafire match vertically on that plane but on their Spitfires, the effect is just a little high.I will work on this.Is the effect 'fx_Vortices.fx' a default effect ? Can an altered copy be made without copyright issues ?