Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

gMAX normal editing?

Hi!!This time I finally decided to leave my old AD2002 designer utility and go for gMAX...there's already a thread in the screenshot forum about my corrent project, the Piaggio P-149...(another Piaggio, that's me again...)I have a little problem: normals never get aligned when I deatach something...so wing fillets and so on will look bad...I remember that in AD2002 I could keep a vertex linked to another that was in another part. That means that WHEN i MOVE ONE VERTEX, THE LINKED ONE WILL MOVE, TOO.. and the two points are in different parts, for instance, a wing and a gear door... so there was a total continuity between surfaces...this actually appears not to be possible in gMAX, and after hanging around with smoothing groups and so on, i still can't get a perfect result...So the question is: can I edit manually the normal of a vertex? this way I could align it to the other vertex that got deatached when I separated both parts...THe trick of adding some polygons does not always work, as I imagine what will happen if I deatach a flat wheel door... there willstill be some disocntinuity...so... can I re-link the points or can I edit manually normals?If I can do the first, this will completely solve my issue... THIS WAS POSSIBLE IN AD2002, so it may be on gMAX too...HELP!!!Mario Noriega

signature.jpg