Sign in to follow this  
old_doggie

Mayday, S.O.S, Help - XML Fuel System

Greetings,I have searched over a thousand threads, been to fs2x site read the sdk and then some and now I am about to bust a vein or devorce.My problem is this two parts;the easy one - Can two boost pumps be used per tank in a three tank setup and if so how,,xml??A little harder I think from what I have read. - On a three tank setup, LR msins and ctr tank config - Can the tanks be isolated in so far as can both engines draw from the two mains at the same time(tank to engine) and can the center tank be used to supply fuel to the engines on its own(mains off).And lastly, I did not mention there was a third question, on a roll cant stop now... Can the fuel system be config so that on startup the mains or the ctr tank(s) can be selected. Usual procedure calls for a tank to engine start(mains) wilt all boost pumps on(4).Looking forward to some light on these. I'm out of ideas.Thank you,Douglas B-707 Ret.PS on the 7OH its very easy to do all this stuff but in FS it aint at least not so far.

Ridgell,Thank you for the reply.This is work in progress.Image One shows the fuel panel and fuel gauges. The gauges panel is almost complete, one more thing to add but that all works fine.Gauges all respond correctly As shown the speedbrake is in the detent - light offStab trim is at 0 units light offFuel qty reflects in tanks fuel.Image two shows speedbrake deployed/armed light greenStab out of trim, note units 8 nose up light onNow the other part of the system where help is required. As shown in the picture the cross feed valve is in the open position and fuel can be routed from mains or center tanks or any combination.Now my problem is this. If I wanted to close that cross feed valve and draw fuel only from the mains I can't (I simply do not know the xml code to do this). I am able to draw from center tank to both engs, all tanks to both engine but not main tank only to both engines. Can someone point me in right direction? The sdk really sheds no light on this at all cept to say it can be done together with "isolate" which is precisely what I want. Am I making sense here? As for the boost pumps - I gather that fs as it stands only supports 1 pump per tank/eng so I'll leave that as is.Douglashttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141227.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141228.jpg

Guest ridgell

its late and this is just a quick look around... i believe that the default setting for fs9 is drawing from the L&R main and center. i will post my question, then do a little research and throw up some code tomorrow.

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Douglas,All what you want could be done independent from a lot of the available FS variables."Can two boost pumps be used per tank in a three tank setup and if so how,,xml??"Yes and No. The Flightsimulator just accepts one boost pump for each engine. Nevertheless with a small trick, you can add as many boost pumps as you want. For this you should create four switches with custom variables (L:pump1,bool) to (L:pump4,bool). Now it is important to know how the pumps work. If just one boost pump is necessary to start the engines (so the second pump is just a standby pump) you could realize it with this example (not written as XML code):If (L:pump1,bool) OR (L:pump2,bool) is on, toggle boost pump 1 on, otherwise toggle boost pump 1 off.If both boost pumps have to be on, use this one:If (L:pump1,bool) AND (L:pump2,bool) is on, toggle boost pump 1 on, otherwise toggle boost pump 1 off.The same for the right boost pumps. I think you understand the sense of the lines.The fuel tanks can also be selected as you want when you add number_of_tank_selectors = 2 to your aircraft.cfg. The only thing you have to do is to bring together all necessary terms.If you want that all tanks are used, select both tank selectors to all using (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL) and (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_ALL). If you want that both tanks (left and right) are isolated and the center tank is not in use, use (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT) and (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_RIGHT). If you want that just the center tanks are in use, use (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_CENTER) and (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_CENTER). With this it's also possible to add a realistic function to the Cross Feed valve. Just arrange at which time what combination is necessary at put it in your code.Best RegardsMatthias

Hello Matthias,Thank you for your indepth explanation, However I am unable to get the setup I require using the K"S you suggested so have setteled for what I got so far,All tanks - to all enginesLeft tank - to all enginesRight tank - to all enginesCenter tank - to all enginesTank to engune - Failed.I had to move on as I spent a lot of time on this one item without really getting anywhere.Completed Fuel HeaT/Temp secton, boost pumps and LP warning lights ,Fuel Qty panel, crossfeed as it stands or should I say "Fuel Selection Function" LoL it aint crossfeed. and now doing bypass filters, intransit lights and fuel warning lights.Intransit have turned out to be a bugger... Simple English code: Cross Feed Switch in Off Position - Light OFF Switch in ON Position - Light On Then light OFF (Light Remains on Until Switch position and valve agree.)If the fuel system/plumbing was layed out in such a way that the tag was on the actual fuel manifold at the Cross feed valve position instead of associated with the engine that would have been a lot easier to work with on the other hand FSOV'S work as they should and so should Cross feed valve. I guess after I have learned a bit more this stuff will be clearer, reminds me of APLC.So off I go to do some more reading. *Bangs head on desk*Douglas