Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Fuel Flow problems

I'm trying to get the fuel flow in the baron 58 to match what is used in the tank, but I have found that it's not evn close. I put 4 Liters in each of the tanks for a total of 8 liters, then I run the engines at 4 liters per hour each ( I make digital gauges to watch all this) I can see they both run at 4 L/hour and I see the fuel in the tank going down. The problem is that it should take 1 hour to empty the tanks yet it only takes 12 minutes??? Here is my code if any one could help this is baffling me. Thanks, Cal Jordan(A:RECIP ENG1 FUEL FLOW, liters per hour) (A:RECIP ENG2 FUEL FLOW, liters per hour) + (>L:TOTAL_FUEL_FLOW, liters per hour)(A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, liters) (L:TOTAL_FUEL_FLOW, liters per hour) / (>L:TIME, hour)%((L:TIME, hour))%!3.2f!

Hi,Did you actually do the flight and run out of fuel after 12 min, or that is the value you measured in (L:TIME,hour) ?Tom

I did sit and run the engines using a stop watch to time it. They sputtered and quit at 12 minutes 4 times I did that. Same results each time. No unusable fuel either. LOL

The baron 58 fuel pph gauge is expresed in gallons/hour. (its tooltip info being wrongly indicated as liter/hour). If you remained sit on the tarmac with the engines running at a fuel flow mark of "4", you were actually consuming a total of near 32 liters/hour. If 8 liters were first loaded, I think that gives you a rough approach to your out of fuel value.Tom

I have made my own gauges to monitor the fuel and tried in Gallons/hour, Liters/hour and lbs/hour and converting to Gallons and the results are the same. as you can see above I'm not using a tooltip. I guess I would have to figure out if I burn 8 Liters in 12 minutes, how many liters would I burn in 60 minutes and then configure(Trick) my gauge to read what it should be. Or maybe the fuel_flow_scalar= 0.9 should be adjusted to reflect a more accurate readings. the default installtion = fuel_flow_scalar= 0.9

Ok then it seems to be a bug in FS's direct conversion from gallons to liters. The simplest way would be to do the conversion by yoursef:(A:ENG1 FUEL FLOW GPH, gallons per hour) (A:ENG2 FUEL FLOW GPH, gallons per hour) + 3.7854 * (>L:TOTAL_FUEL_FLOW, liters per hour)Tom

Guest bookmark

Old topic, old news perhaps. But anyway:I recently discovered that "liters per hour" actually displays liters per second. Strange. /Tom