Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Aired.ini and Aam.ini?

Hi!Are Aired and AircraftAirfileManager initialization files 100% compatible? In other words, can I use a renamed aired.ini in AircraftAirfileManager, and viceversa?Thanks.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Are Aired and AircraftAirfileManager initialization files 100%>compatible? In other words, can I use a renamed aired.ini in>AircraftAirfileManager, and viceversa?>Thanks.>Marco AAM was designed to be compatible with aired.ini (renamed to AAM.ini). I suggested that AAM have new data types so the AIR file integers scaled by 2048 (and, some other scale factors) could be displayed and entered in real values. My AAM.ini file includes the new scale factors whenever possible. Later, more ability to display names for the axis of the graphs were added, however they don't all work correctly. Thus, one needs to be familiar with the actual axis values and not take what is displayed in AAM too seriously. 'Sergio' translated an early AAM.ini I did to German, and also enhanced it with more Info comments. I later updated Sergio's file; I think it is at Herve' Sors' FS site. My Aired.ini is always more up to date, but AAM is much better for viewing 3D graphs and also real values for the Mach tables. You can use both at the same time, sometimes I make changes with AAM, then 'reload' the AIR file in Aired to check the results independently. And, with the more familiar integer values in REC 1101. Ron