Sign in to follow this  
Guest nigelb

Com radio frequency formula

Guest iagman

The code below is for setting the frequencies in com/nav radios. Many of you work with this formula so perhaps you can help.(L:ComGoldSetValue, number) 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16* + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET)Today ATC requested a frequency of 128.45 to be set. I entered that value into the L:ComGoldSetValue variable, but the K:COM_RADIO_SET value went to 128.44. I double checked these values and cannot get the value 128.45 to set to anything but 128.44 using the above formula.A second frequency was also discovered to be off. A value 128.20 set the K variable to a value of 128.19. No other com frequencies have been discovered to be incorrect; however, I haven't gone down the line setting every possible frequency to see if it is okay.All nav radio frequencies that have been used set correctly.I'm not sure why the discrepancies happened to the two numbers above because all other values set fine. Has anyone else discovered similar problems when using the frequency formula or does the problem lie elsewhere?Glenn

Guest Vorlin

I'm half asleep still (it's Saturday, after all) but 128Mhz looks odd to me. Does the comm band go that high?Scott / Vorlin

Hi Yes in the real world it goes up to 136.xx now and in FS9 also

Paul EGLD

Guest nigelb

Sorry I can't help with the formula but I have noticed that the XPonder Auto tune does not appear to work. The ATC frequncy appears to flash in the Xponder box , but then immediatly changes back. Of course this could be user error on my part - has happened once or twice in the past ;) but I did read the instructions several times.