Sign in to follow this  
adr179

flight dynamics help

im currently trying to make an aircraft i have on FS9 fly a little better, i opened the aircraft config up and the numbers were quite far off from the real aircraft, i fixed some of these and it flies alot better now, much more on the numbers on the real jet, but still have a few areas that i cant fix....the aircraft has a ref speed of around 110 on app, the model will not fly below 140kts with out sinking or have to apply to much power and fly w/a really nose high attitude. Second thing is with the flaps and gear down, it dont create much drag and easily picks up speed in the slightest decent. Can anyone tell me how i can work on this, Is this something in the .air file or the aircraft.cfg...and are there any programs that can be used to help edit that stuff?ThanksAhmad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Which aircraft is it? I bielieve IanK that answered Your post first is a guru of flight dynamics editing, so it's easy for him to say "don't use this, use that".I'm trying to warn You: If You do not have A LOT of free time and You haven't heard of AirEd, AAM and AirDAt so far, be prepared for a lot of studying - means throwing a lot of hours in. I definitely do not want to scare You away from it, but editing the flight dynamics is probably the biggest"area51" of the flight simulation.

>>>>im currently trying to make an aircraft i have on FS9 fly a little better, i opened the aircraft config up and the numbers were quite far off from the real aircraft, i fixed some of these and it flies alot better now, much more on the numbers on the real jet, but still have a few areas that i cant fix....<<<< You can make some simple changes that will improve matters, and nothing but Notepad is needed.>>>>the aircraft has a ref speed of around 110 on app, the model will not fly below 140kts with out sinking or have to apply to much power and fly w/a really nose high attitude.<<<

Douglas,Thanks for the help, ill try those fixes before trying to get into editing the airfile, im doing this just for fun on an aircraft that i have that is being developed and the FDE isnt been worked on yet so for my personal use im tryin to make it a little better. But it didnt have those entrys in that flap section. So i did did copy that to it and will try it out soon. Thanks for the help, ill let you know. how it worked. Ahmad

Well, I won't claim that things can't be "repaired" just by adjustingthe values in the Aircraft.cfg file, but this one is way off the targetif one takes a look at 110 and 140. I really am curious what willturn out unacceptable after this discrepancj is sorted out by simplytweaking the values that Douglas is mentioning?