Sign in to follow this  
Guest disco79stu

Usual parking positions index?

Guest disco79stu

Hello there,I was wondering if anyone knows a way (e.g. website etc) to find out usual parking positions of airlines on certain airports (especially european area)?For instance, where can I find our where the Lufthansa planes are usually parked at LFPG (Paris CDG)? ... I'm looking for those infos becaus I'd like to park at the realistic gatetes when flying FS... Maybe some of you know where to look the gates or parking positions up?... :-) Greetings,Stu

Guest j-mo

Well... I have found this to be a hit or miss proposition. Google can be your friend. Here are some things you can do.Try going to the airport's website. Sometimes you'll find it. For LFPG, the airlines page at their website is http://www.paris-cdg.com/airlines.htmlAs you can see, the only information is the terminals used by the airlines. Lufthansa uses CDG1. Not exactly what you were hoping for, I'm sure, but better than nuthin'.Next, get an airport diagram. For North America, go to www.myairplane.comOtherwise, there are plenty here:http://charts.vatsim.net/IIRC, some of them will show which airlines park at certain terminals.The other thing to try is the airline's website, though this rarely works for me.Lastly, if you are super-determined about this, contact the airport shortly before the scheduled departure and ask what the gate assignment is. I've never tried this, but it might work.If anyone has other ideas, hopefully they'll chime in here.

Guest disco79stu

dear alex,thanks for your hints, I already used some of them in the past, but I thought maybe there is a kind of a database or so... well, but you're right, better than nothing.for everybody else who's interested, here are some other ways i used to determine parking positions:- airline flightplans- airport departure information (both not that accurate)- google earth (sometimes you can make out airlines and where they park)- google pictures, flickr and/or airliners dot com, if you're lucky you can find pics of planes at gate and see either the gate number or the parking position number on the ground... greetsstu