Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Dysfunctional Flaps

Hello everyone, lets see who can be first to point out that I am being really dumb here! I am tailoring the DSB design Eurofighter and no matter what I do to the AIR file with AIRED or the A/C cfg file, I cannot make the Aircraft realise that it has Flaps. IT came shipped with both L/E and T/E flaps (4 positions) in both .air and .cfg files.I am happy not to see any animation of the flaps from a spot view because I am assuming that the real hardware doesn't come fitted with flaps, meaning that flaps are only included in the abovementioned files to slow the thing down on landing. I have checked MSFS Assignments and have fitted a Flap position gauge which works on another A/C (Blackburn Buccaneer) yet refuses to budge off zero when I hit F7. This means that I must approach at 160 Knots which pretty much leaves Lukla in the Himalayas out of my chosen landing places!I would also be happy to live with this high touch-down speed if only I knew what was limiting my modifications to the .air and .cfg.Any ideas anyone?Tony Margetts (DOB 31-10-40) and ex-aircrew...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tony,A well known problem :-)Caused by an incompatibility between FS2K2 (for which the aircraft was made) and FS9.No need for another gauge, doesn't solve anything.In the aircraft.cfg, section Flaps.0, linesystem_type= 1change "1" to "0" .Cheers, Rob Barendregt PS: this also applies to the DSB Tornado.