Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Braking makes wheels go through ground

Guest Pilot53

The plane sits on the ground perfectly but when i put the brakes the nose wheel goes through the ground, what parameter should be adjusted to correct this?

Guest Pilot53

Also this doesnt happen only while braking, also when moving forward, but braking makes it worse.

This is sounding like the compression values in the aircraft.cfg file are incorrect for the nose gear contact point.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Pilot53

Thats what I was thinking, is their anyplace I can get some more information on this subject?

Microsoft's Aircraft Container SDK for FS2004.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Pilot53

Thats not doing the trick. I think now its not realated to the compression, I think its more complex. The only was I seem to be able to fix this is if I put a contact point 600 feet from the plane, but this creates other problems.

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Thats not doing the trick. I think now its not realated to the compression, I think its more complex. The only was I seem to be able to fix this is if I put a contact point 600 feet from the plane, but this creates other problems.<<<<600 ft.??? Yeah, that would definitely create some trouble. As already mentioned, you need to adjust the static compression.[contact_points]point.0 = 1, 0.90, 0.00, -4.09, 1500, 0, 0.5, 22.0, 0.25,2.5, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 0This is from the default FS9 C-172. The item in bold is the static compression. Using a lower value for it will cure the problem you

Guest Pilot53

Well thanks alot, I dont know how I overlooked that, my brain has been all over the place with this thing trying to fix the coordinates and a bunch of other things. Ive been trying to merge the ariane 737 visual model with the pmdg 738 and I think im finally done.

Guest Douglas K

>>>>I dont know how I overlooked that, my brain has been all over the place with this thing trying to fix the coordinates and a bunch of other things.<<<