Sign in to follow this  
Guest dupa

Gmax viewport display corrupt

Guest dupa

Hi allMy Gmax viewport display recently started to look like the attached JPEG when zooming in close to parts. I tried the suggestions on driver settings in the help file with no improvement.Are there any other settings I could try, or is my display card just not coping with the complexity of the model I am working on?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Which driver are you using... directX or OpenGL? Is that view through a camera or the 3D viewport?What video card do you have? Do you have latest directX?Did you try reseting the viewports? I'd give that a try too.

This is just z-buffer errors resulting from too narrow of a field of view while zoomed. Use the field of view tool in the lower right to widen it, then use the zoom tool to close back in on the subject. You may have to play with those a bit to find the right balance so that it doesn't start clipping, but the errors should subside as you widen the FoV.--Jon

Guest dupa

Thanks for the replies, Jon, your advice seems to be working.