Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tomcattwo

Determining When My Sim Pilot Is Transmitting?

Hi all!Does anyone know of a way to capture a flag or parameter within an XML gauge to tell when your aircraft is transmitting (on COM1 or COM 2)?I'd like to show a little "TX" on my Radio Management System when own aircraft is transmitting, but haven't seen anything in any of the A or P variables or any tokens that can allow me to know when the aircraft is transmitting. I've also searched the forum without luck. Any ideas?Thanks in advance,R/TC2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Not ideal, but you can use (>K:ATC_MENU_1), because that is the one most used when transmitting.Add a timer, so TX will be visible a bit longer.Works for me.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Thanks Jan. I was afraid I'd have to do something like that. Oftentimes, when ATC window is open, you don't end up transmitting. If there's no other way to tell, then I suppose this is the next best thing. FS9 must know when it is doing/not doing the sound part of a transmission and it is this flag that I had hoped to capture.I appreciate your answer in any case.R/TC2