Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaze

problem in FSX with "sink rate" warning

Guest Jaze

I'm building an aircraft at the moment with FSDSv3 and its complete and working for fs9, the problem I have is when i port it over to FSX i get audible "sink rate" and "altitude" warnings. Does anyone know what part of the config or airfile control this? I've been through it all and cant find it anywhere. As the aircraft is a "home built" and carrys little equipment i really cant let this go out as it is which is a shame as im at 99% complete for FSX. It uses standard gauges and nothing out of the ordinary.Cheers,Jez

You can add a section to the aircraft.cfg to parameterise the GPWS; just give them values so that the GPWS callouts will never become active.See SDK for a complete description, or the aoircraft.cfg one of the default airtcraft (eg. 737) for an example.On the other hand: why not use this standard function of FSX ?Rob

Guest Jaze

You are a star!, many many thanks for that!, so simple yet I just couldnt spot it.The reason why i'm not using it is because i'm modeling the Bede BD-5J which is an experimental homebuilt jet. Its mostly used on local airfields or for displays and rarely do people fly on long journeys requiring height because of its limited fuel range. All the footage i've seen including the James Bond film 'octapussy' it was flown on the deck so to speak.I'm also trying to make it as real as i can get it and i gotta say its pretty sparse on the gauges and extras side. Most hardly have any navigation aids although i'm making a navigation variant which I now might include some terrain warnings. Mind you it'll take some flying to get any distance on its fuel :)Again, your help is much appreciated and thanks for your time.Jez