Sign in to follow this  
Guest DiddlBiker

newbie question - fsds & animation

Guest DiddlBiker

Hello,I'm trying to build a small AI plane in FSDS v3Animating the landing gear went fine for left & right gear, but with the nosegear I'm having problems.The nose-gear part is called c_gearThe left and right bay-doors are called c_gear.leftdoor and c_gear.rightdoor (although I tried other names and it did not solve the problem).The animation itself works fine, but as soon as the whole landing gear is retracted, landing gear and bay-doors, actually anything that follows in the hierarchy tree after c_gear, disappears!I've checked everything a couple of times and I don't see any difference in the setup with the left and right gear, which work fine.What makes the center gear disappear?Regards,Bart

Guest Firestriker

Is your c_gear object linked to a c_wheelwell object? Here is a typical c_gear hierarchy that works for me:c_gear_door1_outsidefacec_gear_door2_outsidefacec_wheelwell..c_gear_door1_insideface..c_gear_door2_insideface..c_gear_cylinder....c_wheel......c_gear_piston........c_gear_axle..........c_tire_1..........c_tire_2Lou

Guest DiddlBiker

Lou,Thank you! That did the trick! The tutorial suggests to do the other way around - make c_gear a child of c_wheelwell and that is where I went wrong. Everything works good now.Regards,Bart