Sign in to follow this  
Guest Falcon307

Texture on Inside of Part in ACM

Guest Falcon307

I'm trying to learn to model with gmax, beginning with a vertical tail. Doing everything the hard way, I'm sure, I've gotten through applying the texture and ran it through MakeMDL into FS9. It looks good in gmax, and the texture is on the correct side of both the left and right side.But in ACM (Aircraft Container Manager), the texture on the right side is on the inside of the part. See the attachment.I made the right side by mirroring the left side to a copy, which may be the beginning of my problem. I have tried:1) Flipping the normals, which causes the texture to switch to the inside of the part in gmax.2) Rotating the UVW map 180 degrees on that axis, whatever it might be. That does not affect it in gmax and does not fix it in ACM.My hierarchy:Aircraft Name fuselage tail l_tail r_tailShould just the tail be visible in FS9? If it's there, I can't find it anywhere on the airport.Is this an ACM problem? Don't know how I could do this without ACM.Thank you,DaveFalcon307

You must always mirror by placing a Mirror Modifier on the modifier stack (not the mirror/clone tool) or the normals will get messed up in FS. If you Attach the mirrored half to the original half, that will solve the problem also.Ben