Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Aircraft.air files

Guest Dandog

Hello all,I'm a new poster to this forum. I hope someone can help me. I am trying to create from scratch and/or modify aircraft.air files for FS9. I have AirEdit, AirWrench, Aircraft Airfile Manager, and the Flight Dynamics Workbook from Mudpond.org. HOWEVER, I am not sure what it takes to make a plane stall or spin correctly. I have plenty of add-ons that I would like to tweak to allow for this behavior. Who knows, maybe I can become good enough to create updates for many available add-ons. BUT, I need a push in the right direction. Maybe I'll be able to create a flat spin (Oh yeah). So, if any one can help with the parameters needed to create proper stalls and spins, I'd be eternally grateful.DandogHomebuilt "WhiteBox"AMD 2400+1 gig ram120 gig HD (primary)80 gig HD (secondaryDual moniters (best card is Nvidia 6200, 256 meg)CH yoke and pedals(not too impressive, but what the H...)(also have a VHS player and 8 track hooked up to digitize some old rare stuff)

Guest Patrick_Waugh

You'll want to start by reading the SDK that comes with the deluxe version, and then go from there.Most everything has been moved into the aircraft.cfg, and this overides anything in the .air file.You will find that if you ask focused, specific questions you will get an answer, esp. if you are clearly trying and post what you have tried that has failed.On the other hand, asking what you have asked is a bit like walking into Home Depot and "How do I build a house?" They are going to tell you to go to school and study hard.

With regards to modifying .air files no one offers detailed support in that regard. AvHistory.org is the best source for information to start with, and the rest is pretty much up to you.A word of caution, any modified .air files for aircraft that you've purchased can not be redistributed.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69