Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

Sound Control

Guest Patrick_Waugh

In sound config you can have:[GYRO_SOUND]filename=GyroHowever, this seems to trigger the sound when you turn the battery on, no matter what gyro settings you have in aircraft.cfg (even if you turn all the gyros off!).I'm trying to be able to tie this sound to a switch for the gyro, but seem unable to control it at all.Anyone know if there is a way to do it? (Hoping to find a non-model solution, I know that one might be able to turn it into an .fx and tied it to the model to trigger it)

Hi,I know you don't work with xml, but it is quite easy to control hunderds of sounds, single and loops, with Doug Dawson's xmlsound gauge.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Jan,It is quiet easy for me to do sounds from C++, that is not the problem. I do so through DirectSound.Also, this type of sound is not a simple one-shot (play) or loop sound, but a spin-up, loop, spin-down sound that the engine plays.Rather than write my own extension to DirectSound to control it using complex circular buffers, I would much prefer to just use the game engine if I can control the engine's sound system.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Never mind, I programmed my own sound engine to handle it.