Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

detecting flight save and FLT file name

I would like to save my aircraft specific configuration information when user saves its flight and I would like to load it when user loads a saved file.How could I detect a file save and how could I know the actual FLT file name? Should I use the callback function defined by CHAIN_PROCESS_FILE_IO, or is it for something else?Can I save custom info in the FLT file itself, or should I introduce a parallel file? In the second case I would prefer using the same file name and a custom extension, but for that I shoul know the flight name.Any idea?Gabor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No ideas? :(How would you store your aircraft AND flight (FLT) specific configuration data?Gabor

This is doable, but it is quite complex.I know how to do it for fs9, using a DLL module and some undocumented features (aka "hacks"). It is not easy and does not work for FSX.I don't know much about SimConnect yet, but I think you can also do this with SimConnect under FSX. Obviously, this can't work for fs9...Anyway, my opinion is that you should save your information into the FLT file, by adding a new section. No need to create an additional file in my opinion.Eric

In fact it can be done using FSUIPC in FS9:3F04 Flight/situation name (the one was opened, read config from here)3BD2 Count of FLT files saved (check if changed)0400 Name of last saved file (the new flight name, write config here)In Devconnect (FSX) it seems you can register for a corresponding event, but even in FSX not everyone possible uses Devconnect as it is - as I understand - is mostly for external add-ons.Anyhow I was looking for a non-FSUIPC solution, but I think I will go on with FSUIPC as it will at least provide more compatibility than to hack in the SIM or other tables on my own (its enough if Pete Dowson is doing that for all of us - thanks for it). Gabor

The solution I was talking about is without FSUIPC. I'm sure the solution I know is the same as what Pete has implemented in FSUIPC.If using FSUIPC is not a problem for you, go for it ;-)Eric