Sign in to follow this  
Tiger88

Remove strobe from cockpit view?

I've tweaked most of my aircraft by removing the virtual cockpit and interior views so that I can have an unobstructed view from the cockpit in all directions.The problem is that in some aircraft (Mooney and Beechcraft, FS2004), when I look out the the right or left sides I get a clear view except for the flashing strobe hanging in mid-air. I don't see the nav lights, which are in almost exactly the same position.I'd like to know if there is some way to remove the strobes from the cockpit view, without changing them from the outside view? I can use a hex editor if needed.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After digging around in the forum I was able to piece together enough information to answer my own question. If you're interested here's how you do it. In the Flight SimulatorEffects folder there are two files, named fx_strobe.fx and fx_strobeh.fx. Make backup copies of both files then edit them using Notepad. Find the section labeled Properties and add the line: Cockpit=0 Restart Flight Simulator. Voila! No more strobe lights from the cockpit view. Note that this will effect all aircraft using these strobe files. I don't use the virtual cockpit, but there is another line you can add: VirtualCockpit=0. Setting the variable to 0 makes the lights invisible, setting it to 1 makes them visible.