Sign in to follow this  
Guest roman2109

Cannot compile model for FSX under Windows Vista

Guest roman2109

Hello allI installed Windows Vista Ultimate and now cannot compile model for FSX (look in attached screenshot). Looks like there's not .Net Frame, but as I discovered .Net Frame is a part of Vista distributive and installing on mashine automatically. Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?Best regards,Roman.

I don't have Vista - and likely won't for a very long time, but...this appears to be a classic case of a DAC and/or DEP error.Try setting up the exporter in Vista to run in WinXP compatibility mode.Turn OFF DEP and DAC for the entire GMax and FS folder structures.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest roman2109

Sorry, what is a DAC?

Sorry. I mistyped. I meant UAC (User Account Control)... ;)Try this: If DEP's analysis of a process startup execution makes DEP think the resulting code will cause some sort of unwanted activity, DEP intervenes and shuts down the process.It sounds good in theory, but DEP also shuts down legitimate programs such as FSX and FS9 in some cases.If you have adequate defenses in place, DEP won't really provide you any benefit and will likely get in your way. You can turn it off completely.Turning DEP off requires the use of the command prompt space.1. Open the Start menu, and in the search box, type "Cmd" and wait for the results box to populate.2. Right-click on the cmd shortcut that appears and select Run as administrator. You'll probably have to acknowledge a UAC prompt to get it done unless you have already turned UAC off.3. Once you're at the command prompt, type the following:4. bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOffYou should get a success message back.If you ever want to turn it back on, use the same procedure to get to an elevated command prompt, and then type:bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest roman2109

Unfortunately this doesnt help :(The most funny is that when I got WinXP and installed Vista to try everything necessary works or not I was able to compile my models. But after I formatted HD and installed clean Vista it stoped to work...####