Sign in to follow this  
Guest gert1966

Does anyone have a clue ??

Guest gert1966

Hi Guys, I'm having some troubles here. I want to transfer the Ambient temperature to a var of my own. The problem is when i display : %((A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE, kelvin))%!3.2f!%| in my test gauge everything it works perfectly , but i want to transfer the value to a var of my own.... nothing seems to work.(A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE, kelvin) (>L:CABIN_TEMP, number) no matter what I tryed in formatting ( Celcius, kelvin, number ), i cant get it to work.By the way (A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE, celcius) does not display at all. ( 0.0 ) I want this temeratures as an inital value ( + 10 degrees ) for the cabin temperature to build the temperature control ( Packs ) for cabin , flightdeck and equipment. Anyone have an answer ? regards Gert Polkerman

Hello Gert (A:Ambient Temperature,celsius) (>L:Ambient Temperature,celsius) Works Tested!

Paul EGLD

Guest Patrick_Waugh

I believe (but XML gurus correct me if I'm wrong) that the problem is the units "number" you are using, which is likely not compatible with the temp units you are requesting. That is also why the below example works (other post).Basically, the number is stored internally (usually as a FLOAT64) and then converted to the requested units. What you want to do is make your L var the same units you are requesting.Patrick

It's spelled "celsius", not "celcius".The incorrect spelling is probably the only problem.Cheers,Glenn

Guest gert1966

Yes that could be the problem .... just a wrong spelling..... Well I'll try and let you know ( By the way I got is working in Kelvin and then there's no problem to put a a kelvin value in a number variable ) regards Gert Polkerman