Sign in to follow this  
Guest Russia

SO I got my MDL , how do I actualy put it in the game

Guest Russia

Hi guys kinda new to AVSIM, but have bin reading the forums for the past 4 days , scowering every thread for some tips on how to get my MDL file in to the game just to test it and see how it works here is a picture of the model im trying to put in FSX. any help would be great http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177350.jpg

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Pretty nice looking.What program are you using? How many polygons does your model have? Do you have the MSFS SDK installed? Give us a little more to go on. :)

Guest Russia

Well the Final Model should have no more than 5.000 polys,and no i havnt used MSFS iv only bin using the FSX SDK and trying to learn as much as i can, I Use MAYA 7 to model then Export it as a DXF and then open it with 3Ds Max 8 then I eport it from Max as a .X file and then use the XToMdl tool to make the MDL and so this is where Im at dont know what to do next with the MDL ohh and here is a nicer Render of the LA_5_FN http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177366.jpg

Guest Russia

ok i figured out how to put the model in, all i did was replace a Stock aircraft in FSX with my new MDL and just rename it now i just have to learn how to animate it and make a virtual cockpit for it , Testplane.jpg

Simply copy/paste the entire of a "stock" aircraft folder structure and rename it to your own needs.This way, you will have a "basic" setup that you can then modify without screwing up one of the "stock" aircraft's settings. ;)BTW, that's a very nice, clean model!For a whole lot of "Tips and Tutorials," as well as a very active group of 3d modelers, head on over to:http://freeflightdesign.com

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Russia

THanks for the tim il have to do that, and il check out the otherwebsite as well :-hah