Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

effect troubles

Guest ridgell

found a nice effect; fx_104g_aniburner.fx that FILIPPO ZARDINI posted as a replacement for part of the cloud9 f104 afterburner routine.it shows a lighted and spining rear turbine stage visable from the rear at the exhaust nozzle. the thing is, i can switch it on and off with a switch just fine...Click or click event. repeated as often as you care to, no problem...so long as it is a click.(logo,wing,any light...set up in cfg.) and it turns on once and turns off once using logic.when using logic to turn it on again (other then 1st time) it goes nuts! and it takes out all the light effects near it. (though the reason escapes me, it seems to move forward and pull adjasent effects along forward with it to inside the plane...nuts i know! but you can see it from the virtaul cockpit view ( when there is no virtual cockpit) it was originally setup as;effect Properties:Cockpit=1VirtualCockpit=1Spot=1Tower=1Map=1since it cant normaly be seen from the cockpit i changed it to;[Properties]Cockpit=0VirtualCockpit=0Spot=1Tower=1Map=0because on the second start ( the one that does not work correctly) it is not visible in spot view, but is visible in virtual cockpit looking straight back. it serves no purpose so to simplify i deleted the non useful views. i tried getting creative and worte the logic a couple of different ways, even tried putting in different gauges, i do not seem to be able to make it work with XML, and i am out of ideas. c 0 s0 (A:GENERAL ENG1 COMBUSTION, bool) (A:LIGHT WING, bool) ! && if{ 1 s0 } (A:GENERAL ENG1 COMBUSTION, bool) ! (A:LIGHT WING, bool) && if{ 1 s0 } l0 if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } and (A:GENERAL ENG1 COMBUSTION, bool) (A:LIGHT WING, bool) ! && if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } ....whats the deal? perhaps C+ could fix this? looking for a brother from a different mother who knows C+dawson.... this has your name all over it!

Guest ridgell

so no 1 has a trick to simulate a key press or click event with logic code? even with a c gauge? darn!

Hi,This one works for me:(A:ENG1 COMBUSTION,BOOL) (A:LIGHT LOGO,bool) ! (L:engine effect 1,enum) 0 == and and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS) 1 (>L:engine effect 1,enum) } (A:ENG1 COMBUSTION,BOOL) ! (A:LIGHT LOGO,bool) and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS) 0 (>L:engine effect 1,enum) } By clicking somewhere or with other code you can switch the light and the effect off.Off course you can take other Var's.Make it dependable of N1, N2 or Temp etc.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest ridgell

n1/2 or temp ... good idea, but the problem is not the code..per-se, the problem is that if the effect is turned on/off by any means other then a key stroke or click event, the effect starts acting nuts!for reason i cant fathom....a command should be a command...but i can atest that after a great deal of testing that is the case.it is even stranger, if the click event is logical.... bla bla if{ light or smoke trigger) } it does not work, the effect acts bizzar. only a simple (>K:TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS) or pressing the "L" key or an assigned key works no other code driven trigger works with out messing up the effect. ( this does not make sense to me, but i have experimented enough with it to know it is true) i have numerous effects, in fact this is #18 (the upper limit of light effects from what i can tell) and only this effect has been so mean to me:( i am also searching for a different version of a spining turbine effect ( rear stage)

Strange,May be it is the effext itself??, because my code works without any problem (engine fire coupled to the Logo light)I also have seen strange things, but that was caused by a continuous command on-off, the reason i added the L:Var.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,I downloaded the afterburner effect and tested it.With the next code, now for test coupled on the cabin lights it worked.(A:TURB ENG1 N2,percent) 90 > (A:LIGHT CABIN,bool) ! (L:engine effect 2,enum) 0 == and and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS) 1 (>L:engine effect 2,enum) } (A:TURB ENG1 N2,percent) 90 < (A:LIGHT CABIN,bool) (L:engine effect 2,enum) 1 == and and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS) 0 (>L:engine effect 2,enum) } You can switch it off or on whenever you like with a cabin light switch, but you'd better start with that light off.Try and report.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

NBforgot, at startup i add:(G:Var1) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:engine effect 2,enum) 1 (>G:Var1) } or(L:effect startup,enum) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:engine effect 2,enum) 1 (>L:effect startup,enum) } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."