Sign in to follow this  
Guest zbobg

Digital radalt gauge for FSX??

I've been waiting ever since FSX came out to see if anyone could modify/redo the digital radalt gauge to make it compatible with FSX.I haven't a clue about creating gauges so I wait. Could someone please make one and upload it to AVSIM?(see attachment) Thanx!! :)

Guest zbobg

Here is an FSX replacement for the radalt.gau, it is only for FSX and is an FSX XML compliant gauge. I coded it myself this evening.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181853.zipThe above is radaralt.zip which contains the radaralt.cab which you put in the FSX/gauges folder. Add it to a panel as you would any other gauge.I did have trouble with FSPanelStudio recognizing the CAB version of the gauge - it said it was invalid. Un-cabbing the gauge into its own folder in the FSX/Gauges folder fixed that problem. FSX has no trouble running the CAB version of the gauge however, so once I used FSPanelStudio to put the gauge into my panel I went back to using the CAB version and got rid of the separate folder.This gauge is a 50x20 text gauge, it's a little shorter than the radalt gauge which was 80x20 but that should cause no problems. It uses a black background bitmap (0x080808). Replace the bitmap with a perfectly black transparent background (0x000000) if you want a transparent gauge with no background. It displays up to 99,999 feet (a text length limitation) without leading zeros. Change the 'feet' to 'meters' in the XML code if you want metric measurement. You can resize the gauge (in the XML code) to get 6 digits instead of 5 digits displayed (may be needed for meters).Unique features: Click the gauge to display the Decision Height instead of the Radar Altitude, after ~2 seconds the Radar Altitude will be redisplayed. There is a mousearea to the left and right: Click to the left to decrease the Decision Height, click to the right to increase. Below the Decision Height the text is orange, above the Decision Height the text is green.Radaralt.cab is hereby offered as Freeware. Do with the gauge whatever you like as long as you don't sell it.Bob...

>Here is an FSX replacement for the radalt.gau, it is only for>FSX and is an FSX XML compliant gauge. I coded it myself this>evening.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181853.zip>>Bob...>Thank you so much, this is fantastic! The analogue radalt gauges are too hard to read for my old eyes, your gauge is ideal. I've installed it in my C-206 and it's perfect, thank you!!! George "Alky

Guest zbobg

Well, this is very strange. After a few minor text formatting changes the radaralt gauge .cab file now works with FSPanelStudio with no errors. The gauge also has a minor adjustment in timing. So here is a new copy of the radaralt gauge:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181986.zipThis is radaralt.zip which contains radaralt.cab which contains the radaralt gauge.gaugeZZ=radaralt!radaralt, xxx, yyy, 50, 20Where:ZZ = sequential gauge number in the window's list of gaugesxxx = x position on the panelyyy = y position on the panel