Sign in to follow this  
Guest dwilliams

Transmission Pressure & Temp

Hi,I'm trying to make a gauge that will show the transmission Pressure and Temp of my plane. However, since ENG TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE & ENG TRANSMISSION PRESSUREdon't work on non-helicopter files.Does anybody know how to create a gauge that will measure pressure for this or how to create a fake dummy gauge? I searched the forum and one person said he had a work-around solution but didn't post the code.Thanks,Benny

Guest dwilliams

Hi Benny,What worked for me is: (A:Eng Oil Pressure, ?) or (A:GENERAL Eng Oil Pressure, ?) in lieu of ENG TRANSMISSION PRESSURE(A:Eng Oil Temperature, ?) or (A:GENERAL Eng Oil Temperature, ?) in lieu of ENG TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE? = different units of measure (psi, percent, number, Celsius, Fahrenheit, etc...)The problem is there isn't a working Transmission Oil Press/Temp gauge for planes, only helicopters. I choose these values because they directly relate to the pressure and temp of oil. You can use what you want but try to sty with something that is close to what you are looking to Sim. (i.e. hydraulics, etc...)In order to resemble something like this or develop a "fake" gauge, you have to use something that has a parameter that can read whats going on in the Sim. I suggest using the above and adjusting the parameter to fit or resemble the plane. To do this try multiply or dividing a value against it for starters.For example:(A:Eng1 Oil Pressure,psi) will yield a pressure value of 65 at idle according to my prop plane engine parameters and 83 for max throttle.with a difference between values of 18.If you want the value of 65 to be 50, then divide 50 by 65 for 0.76924.The code will look like this:(A:Eng1 Oil Pressure,psi) 0.76924 *But this will change the ending number also and the end will be 64.This difference is only 14 as opposed to the 18 before due to the change in the multiplier.So you see, you will have to play with it to manipulate the value by adding other A vars or L vars for adjustment of numbers. It can be a nightmare sometimes. What's important is to try to get close to the real value if possible or just be content with the change as such.I hope this helps,Regards,Danny