Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Break and Speed

Hello Guys!Got a little problem with an Aircraft!If I have throttle 100% with break on, the Aircraft should not move, at least for a few seconds.I am using AircaftAirfileManager (AAF). Does anyone have an Idea how I can fix that?Thanks a lot!!!Regards Isra

Guest Pencil pusher

If I understand you correctly, it would appear that your brakes are not powerful enough to hold your aircraft at max power, if so have a look in your aircraft .cfg file and try changing the numbers in the brakes section (use Notepad), and if necessary in the .air file (you will need to download AirED to read that).Good luckKeith

Actually, the friction coefficient in FS regarding the tires on the surface is the culprit. It doesn't work correctly under many conditions. Increasing brake strength to compensate could result in seriously unrealistic braking abilities. It all depends on what the thrust to weight ratio is for the aircraft in question.If you make the brakes strong enough to hold the aircraft at full throttle... the next issue will be whether or not the same brakes bring the aircraft to a full stop far too soon.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69