Sign in to follow this  
dragonflightdesign

Moving Fuel with XML (again... -_- )

Guest Albatross7107

This is for FS9 / 2004I've looked over the various posts here and I don't think there is anything that does what I am looking for. I might be able to "dope it out" looking at the various example attachments... if they were still on the server. (quoth the server... 404)Aircraft is the Concorde, and the goal is fuel automation.Transferring fuel fore/aft works fine - trouble is that the engines feed off the center tanks and leave you without enough to maintain the CG.What I want is this, an "invisble, free running" gauge that does the following:Check level of tank CENTER1 - if less then 10 gallons, deduct 5 gallons from tank LEFT and 5 gallons from tank RIGHT and add 10 Gallons to tank CENTER1 - Else, do nothing.Check level of tank CENTER2 - if less then 10 gallons, deduct 5 gallons from tank LEFT and 5 gallons from tank RIGHT and add 10 Gallons to tank CENTER2 - Else, do nothing.This way, the aft tank will APPEAR to remain untouched by the gluttonous engines and CG will be maintained throughout the flight without having to manually switch left/right/left/right throughout the flight...Is this even possible?BTW - the more verbose the code the better, I can do switches and even steam gauges, but this sort of programming is totally beyond me.TIA!

Guest jonesy55red

Hey,The simplest solution would be to place all the tanks over the CofG in the aircraft.cfg filee.g.[fuel]max fuel (insert value)LeftMain=0,-15,0,(insert capacity),0RightMain=0,15 ,0,(insert capacity,0Center=0,-15,0,(insert capacity,0Center2=0,15 ,0,(insert capacity,0fuel_type=0number_of_tank_selectors=1electric_pump=1The values and capacities are in the existing aircraft.cfg file, you only need to "move" the tanks to a place where the fuel load doesn't impact on the CofG.Good Luck!

I had a similar problem recently with a C-gauge rather than XML but the principle may still apply. In my case I had to feed a centre engine from two wing tip tanks; the fuel had to come from both tanks at the same time because the fuel system operated them as one tank. I used a simple timer to switch tanks every second using the KEY_SELECTOR_ _SET event.If you are trying to recreate Concorde then stick with CENTER2 and CENTER3 tanks only. These tanks were designed for the FS2K Concorde to accept fuel transfer in flight.-Dai

Guest Albatross7107

>I had a similar problem recently with a C-gauge rather than>XML but the principle may still apply. In my case I had to>feed a centre engine from two wing tip tanks; the fuel had to>come from both tanks at the same time because the fuel system>operated them as one tank. I used a simple timer to switch>tanks every second using the KEY_SELECTOR_ _SET event.>>If you are trying to recreate Concorde then stick with CENTER2>and CENTER3 tanks only. These tanks were designed for the FS2K>Concorde to accept fuel transfer in flight.>>-DaiJust want to make sure that wasn't a typo.... 'CENTER2 and CENTER3? My cfg file uses CENTER1 and CENTER2, and the fuel moves from front to back and back again perfectly.The trouble is that the engines drain all 4 tanks at once leaving the plane with too little fuel to trim it's self...

Guest Albatross7107

Good ideas there... and thanks for cluing me in about which tanks are "buggy".I've realized that the better way to do this is to set up 2 selectors and code it so that I can make the system feed from the wing tanks and leave the center tanks alone. I tested this last night using a couple of old fuel selectors I made a long time ago.I was able to get engines 1 and 2 to feed from the right wing, and engines 3 and 4 to feed from the left wing. In that setting the center tanks remained unchanged, unless I flipped the pump switch FORE or AFT, whereupon it moved fuel from rear to front or front to rear...