Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I see this appeared in the FSX gauges.h but I've not taken much notice of it until now: KEY_FUEL_DUMP_TOGGLE. Can anyone tell me what it does (apart from dumping fuel :) ) i.e. does it dump evenly from all tanks until you toggle it off, does it dump a percentage of fuel each time it is toggled, etc.?Many thanks-Dai

Hi Dai,I used the fuel dump feature in an XML gauge - probably it will work the same in C++.Yes, it drops fuel in the reverse tank order that is used to drain fuel. So the tip tanks first, center tanks at last (as far as I remember...).In the [fuel] section of the aircraft.cfg, you'll need to addfuel_dump_rate=0.002 // values from 0.000 to 1.000I don't recall what exactly that means, but I think it is the percentage of fuel dropped per second - 1.000 means 100%I tried to combine that feature with the tank selectors to drop fuel from a selected tank, but had no success. Let me know if / how you can get that working, please.Hope this helps.Herbert

Hi HerbieThanks for that - I was just about to take the traditional way of finding the answer by coding a gauge to do it! :).I'm pretty sure that we can absolutely guarantee that we won't be able to dump by selected tank. After all, we can't even *fill* tanks by selection, short of hacking the .cfg file before startup :(-Dai