Sign in to follow this  
NWATech

A favor please

can someone with more knowledge than I create a very basic terminal for KMEM. I need to place more gates around the terminal and the existing one isn't large enough. I have a 'pic' of what the terminal should look like. http://www.buckeyediscus.com/fs2002/airports/memphis.gifnothing fancy... mind you... I just would like a basic terminal with specs that match the pic. as a guide for size... each 'gate' should be 46 meters in diameter... making the distance from gate A9 to A33 approx 600 meters in length.thanks in advance :)-j

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, You should give it a go. I am working on my first really big project myself. Everything you need is 99% free, unless you purchase others. You will really learn a lot and appreceate scenery and aircraft designers that much more.I would really like for a nice KMEM for my NW flights. :-) Do consider it.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc2f79359ef55e8.jpg-Jay....:-wave-NWA Line Maintenance KDFW

ok, truth be known... I attempted it (with airport 2.6, gmax, fssc and abacus)... I can get the building on the ground however, when I try to do the exclude the WHOLE airport gets excluded. in addition, when I select the 'texture' for the terminal and then start fs2k2 it gives me an error message which ends with "the building may not show up correctly" (sorry, I don't remember the whole error message).I've searched and searched for the 'answers' and between developing additional code for add a gate and working on real life ai flight plans there just isn't enough time to redo the entire airport as it appears as I must (and still can't figure out why the texture is missing). Not saying that I won't do it just explaining the obsticles I've run into.and please believe me... with the amount of hours I've put into developing freeware in the past 45 days I have a great respect for anyone who develops not just scenery or aircraft but ANYTHING for this hobby.-john

Hey your giving it a go, thats cool. I think if you use a exclude depending on the size, all the objects inside it will diappear. Maybe exclude the buildings and make a new terminal. Use the pic you posted and make it a little larger and import it into gmax and use the line tool and draw over it and mesh edit it. You need to make the scale correct too. That is what I did and worked perfect. I hope this makes some sense, I am not a pro. Someone might have a better idea though.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc2f79359ef55e8.jpg-Jay....:-wave-NWA Line Maintenance KDFW

so, what you are saying ... don't use the "building's" that are available to create the terminal?I'm lost!-j