Sign in to follow this  

Deleting Buildings From An Airport

those are not there, and there are hangers and planes there instead, but im not worried about adding these, but how can i get rid of these offices? here is a chat below of whats needs to be removed in red... and heres the airports website for other reference... http://www.marlboroairport.com/Thanks In Advance,

its pretty easy. The trick is determining the coordinates of a box on the nw corner and se corner of the area you want to exclude. You can change to top view and the cross hair gives you a great guide. write down the coordinates of what to exclude. Then make a file like this (you can cut and paste your coordinates over these):Set( areamx 128 )Header( 3 49:30:00.0000 45:30:00.0000 -116:30:00.0000 -125:00:00.0000 )GenExcl( E:flyingTacomascenerytac_5_01.bgl 1 47:16:37.2571 47:15:46.0329 -122:34:22.3687 -122:34:53.8469 47:16:37.2571 47:15:46.0329 -122:34:22.3687 -122:34:53.8469 )GenExcl( E:flyingTacomascenerytac_5_02.bgl 1 47:16:46.1417 47:15:56.3145 -122:32:01.3606 -122:33:21.3603 47:16:46.1417 47:15:56.3145 -122:32:01.3606 -122:33:21.3603 )This is my exclude for Tacoma Narrows. There are two statements called GenExcl( ), that is two seperate exclude boxes, one for the bridge, and one for the airport buildings. You might have three. You can see the header includes a huge area, you want to be sure your area is included in the header, but make the header coordinates a couple of degrees wide.Then download scasm from www.scasm.de, unless you already have it. put scasm.exe in the same folder as whatever you named the above file. Then either drag your file over top of the scasm file in windows or open a dos window and type: scasm myfile.txtYou should get "myfile.bgl"....put that in your scenery dir and you should see the exclusion.By the way, WONDERFUL looking airport. My favorite kind of place. Can you take photos of the buildings? If you can provide good digital photos, I could get into modelling a photoreal version.Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.

Bob, if I may...in the Setareamx 128 <--- where does the number come from?in the Headerheader( 3 ... <--- where does the 3 come from?in the GenExcl statementE:flyingTacomascenerytac_5_01.bgl <--- where do the paths come from?1 47:16:37.2571 <--- where does the 1 come from?just curious so I know how to make the exclude for KMEM.thanks-j

Hey Bob, :-waveSorry but im completely lost on what to do with the coordinates,im like the lowest level of begginer when it comes to scenery stuff, so its not a big problem could you help me more on that? and I can try to get photos of the hangars next time im there, just went yesterday before i made this post...

Header() LL2 Lat/Lon boundaries for the scenery area to be excluded. (usually equal to LL1) mask 16 bit hex value to indicate the scenery data to be suppressed. Any combination of the below bits allowed. 01 no visual scenery, runways 02 no VOR, ILS 04 no NDB ? 08 no ATIS (COM), not supported in FS2K and later. to exclude all foreign scenery simply enter F for the mask.Set Areamx is a command that allows the area to contain more than the limits fs defaults to for an area, see the note at the bottom of this paste from the scasm docs. Remember this was written for ver fs5, the memory limits are no longer valid, although the concept of using the smallest you need still makes sense. I set this big because Tacoma is quite detailed, and I was running into errors with smaller values.Area( type Lat Lon Rng ) - This marks the begin of an block of visual scenery commands. type 5, 8, B, A, E This is simply the first byte of the generated hex code. The visibility ranges are different for each type. I do not know the absolute limits. I have different values from different sources for them. 5 0 ... 22 km (0 ... 40 km) 8 40 ... 130 km (invisible 0 ... 40 km) B 0 ... 255 km (0 ... 130 km) A Used mainly for calling lib objects in CFS sceneries. It can only contain 255 bytes of BGL data. E This area type seem to be a very special one. It is used to define a library of bitmaped tiles in CFS. This type can contain more than 64kb of data and has a very large visibility range. The disadvantage is that FS2K accepts only one Area( E .. ) type per active scenery. In FS2K there are some new Area types available. The purpose of these types is unknown. 4 maximum code length 246 bytes 7 maximum code length 245 bytes 6 no size limit You can use several of these types in one scenery. 9 no size limit C no size limit I obseved the range can be influenced by the scaling factor and the V# parameters of the RefPoint() command. Lat/Lon location of this area Rng range in km units (integer ). It seems this value controls how long this area needs to be hold in the scenery buffer. This does not automatically mean that the objects in this Area() are displayed, since the visibility is also controled by the V# parameters in the reference points (within this Rng limit). Since it is told FS5.1 can only hold about 256 k bytes of scenery, you should not use unrealistic large values to avoid wasting memory. Note! In FS5 a single scenery area is limited to 16kB. SCASM 1.6g/1.67 (and above) is testing this limit and will produce an error message, but the scenery is compiled correctly up to about 24..32 Kb (depending on the current buffer status). FS98 is able to handle larger objects. Use SCASM's SET() command to enable larger object compilation. It is reported that FS2K does not show the maximum visibility range.Good luck!Bob Bernstein

Sure, I'll create the exclude for you, perhaps you'll better understand then.B

Hey Bob, :-waveBut uhhhhh.... [big] ...What?... [/big]Was all that above for me or the other guy(forget your name, sorry)I dont get this at all.... :(I have no idea what your talking about? if this is taking up your time, please dont bother with it, thanks When it comes to Sceneryin FS im a complete :-newbie

That was for the other guy....here is a tutorial that I hope makes sense. write me at bob@blarg.net and I'll send you a zip with the full tutorial AND the files themselves.I keep attaching the html version of the tut, but it doesn't seem to be attaching the file. Perhaps it will appear when I push post, if not, forgive me. I'm learning about html and uploading here...I'm better as scasm! lolB Now it just shows the attachment images! LOLI suppose only God himself could upload a tutorial with text and images that fit together! :-))the html hotlink at the bottom gives you the text, you have to fit the images where they go in the text...sorryWrite me at bob@blarg.net for the whole thing...

I appologize for jumping in on this conversation as well, however this is something that I'm trying to accomplish too.I've made this into a text file and compiled it with scasm v2.88 however, when I enable the scenery through the library it has no effect.Set( areamx 64 )Header( 3 37:00:00.0000 33:00:00.0000 -91:00:00.0000 -87:00:00.0000 )GenExcl( kmemexcl.bgl 135:3:54 35:2:32.4 -89:59:6.6 -89:58:40.235:3:54 35:2:32.4 -89:59:6.6 -89:58:40.2 )please, is the 'txt' file correct? am I missing something?thanks-j

you reversed the longitude coordinates, it must be top lat, bottom lat, right long, left long-89:59:6.6 is more west than -89:58:40.2, so you gave it the longs out of order.B

Set( areamx 64 )Header( 3 45:00:00.0000 25:00:00.0000 -99:00:00.0000 -80:00:00.0000 )GenExcl( kmemexcl.bgl 135:3:54 35:2:32.4 -89:58:40.2 -89:59:6.635:3:54 35:2:32.4 -89:58:40.2 -89:59:6.6 )I still get nothing...I've even set the "header" way out ... just in case ... but... nada...I've even tried to exclude the area in scenery.cfg also to no avail.any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

your header also has the longs reversed.