Sign in to follow this  
arno

Gmax question re: Shadows

>I already had a zbias on so they didn't flicker anyway, but >at least the shadows now look okay... You can now remove that zbias then, as the layercall does that automatically :).>The next two problems are surface type- looking through the >2000 scenery SDK it seems like this would be best done with >a big area covering the tarmac area instead of adding it to >the individual polygons, and taxiway lines - and here there >is aome code around that has been posted lately that I'm >going to be looking at. I would add it for each polygon (or each set of polygons). That way you could still have bumpy grass on your airfield, while the taxiways are nice smooth. But I still have to search for an easy way to do this. I have been working on a little tool that reads the SCASM source of your scenery and then makes another SCASM file for the smoothing, but this program is still full of bugs :(.Maybe the Fs2000 SDK (or soon the Fs2002 SDK) offer a nice way to do this together with GMax.>Another thought - I presently have separate files for the >buildings and the tarmac, which create separate bgls - do >you think you could just grab all the .asm files and put >them into one file and compile it into one bgl? No, I wouldn't do that. I think you can better organise your scenery project when you have seperate files. Also, even if you add them both to one asm file, you still would like to have two different area blocks.If you are going to add a lot more ground polygons you might even want to split these into several refpoints, so you can beter control when each of them is visible.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog