Sign in to follow this  
arno

Baffled about Flatten

OK, here's the deal. I'm making scenery for KRDU. I go to the default scenery and see that the elevation for the airport and surrounding is 438.7 feet. In Airport (newest release), I add 2 runways (for testing) and add exclude areas and a flatten area. The flatten area I put at 438.4 (0.3 below the default) and when I compile and go into FS the scenery is mostly at 442.1 or .2 feet. There is only a little area that is at the 438 level I want it at. Could someone please tell me what is going on. I'm totally new to this so any help would be appreciated.

Guest christian

If I remember right the old Fs2000 flatten command doesn't work if the flatten polygons are too close together (ie closer than 5 miles).You have to use the new FS2k2 flatten polygons. I have released the Ryans Creek aerodrome a few days ago which include a howto. It's quite hardcore though, so you may want to way until a kind soul will make a GUI tool.Cheers, Christian

The altitude you see in Fs2002 is the altitude of the reference point of your aircraft. If you use the default Cessna it is about 3 ft of the ground, so you should substract 3 ft to get the real altitude.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog