Sign in to follow this  

airport2.60 scenery deviation using a screenprint

I use a vertical scenery screenprint in FS2002 fromm an airport in Airport2.60 as background in order to design the parking, buildings etc.But what ever i do i got at deviation of about 200 meters...What am i doing wrong? Or is it not a good thing to use a sceenprint; do i have to use a map or photo?thanks bert

Hi Bert,Yes, you can use a screenshot from FS. Just make sure that the runway or something elso you now the length of is always visible in the shot. Then you can determine the scale of it. If you know the scale you should be able to place the objects accurate.The same holds for using scanned maps as a background.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest JR Morgan

Hi Bert...Just to add to what Arno advised, the screenshots used as background maps in Apt26 should always be located at Magnetic North because this is the basis for Apt26's workspace reference. If you create the screenshot, always make sure you do it in "Top-Down" view while your aircraft is on a 0 degree magnetic heading. This is done by pressing the bar on your keyboard while in slew mode. Sometimes some of the "Map" pictures available from various softwares might not be aligned at magnetic north. If so, there will always be a "radial" offset that Apt26 cannot deal-with. Apt26 allows background map adjustment for X, Y and scale but cannot "rotate" the map heading-wise.Hope this helps...J.R.

Hi J.R & Arno,thanks a lot for your advice; i used the mapview instead of the topview.i thought there was no difference between them.now it's working fine...happy designing and flyingbert